Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tag, you're it!



I had to create an account and a blog page simply to post a comment on my friend's blog. Isn't that silly? Guess that makes me "it" in Google's eyes. Ah well, such is life. Good thing I laid in a good supply of batteries, eh? Looks like we can put pictures into these things too, so I'm going to try. Here goes!



Wow, it worked! Okay, so what's the picture you might ask? Well, I've lived in the Seattle area for 14 years now, and I'd never gone to see the New Years Eve fireworks. Since I won a spiffy Nikon D40X DSLR in August, I decided I was going to go take pictures of the Space Needle when the fireworks display was happening. I drove 25 miles, found a ledge along the interstate that faced the Space Needle, set up my tripod and camera and waited patiently. Finally midnight came and the show started.

Sort of...

Turns out that for the first time in 14 years, they had a malfunction with the firing computer. Did you catch that? 14 years. Exactly how long I've been living here. The one time, fireworks go poof instead of bang and it's the first time I went. Sort of makes one wonder, doesn't it? :)

Anyway, that's a reduced picture, if I manage to find the time, I've posted the full sized picture on flikr if you want to check it out.

Bye!!!

2 comments:

ken said...

Mike!
Glad to see you joined the flock of sheep - er, I mean bloggers. I know you testers are afraid of computers and all. Ha!

Happy St. Pat's day
-Ken

Unknown said...

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot to me.
I use a Panasonic DMC-TZ3 Lumix a few weeks ago actually, and I love it. Before I had that I used a Nikon Coolpix 4600 that made everything blurry and didn't work quite right after some time. I liked your idea for the Space Needle/fireworks thing, I wouldn't have thought of that.. I mostly take pictures of things around my neighborhood, except the pictures when I travel.

-Elizabeth